ARTICLE AD BOX
Fernandes has started all but one Premier League match for Manchester United so far this seasonErik ten Hag says Fulham "should apologise" for a TikTok posted on their account that appears to mock Manchester United captain Bruno Fernandes.
The clip is dubbed with jaunty music and captioned: "So glad he's OK."
"I would say it is not right. Totally out of order and wrong. They should apologise for this," said Ten Hag.
In the video clip, which manager Ten Hag was told about in a media conference on Thursday but had not seen, Fernandes is shown coming into contact with Fulham midfielder Sasa Lukic and going to ground.
As play continues without a free-kick being awarded, the 29-year-old can then be seen quickly getting to his feet and demanding the ball.
When asked whether Fernandes is garnering a reputation for simulation, Ten Hag said rival players "are targeting him".
United are next in action in the derby at Manchester City on Sunday.
"I thought it was definitely a foul on Saturday. It was misjudged from media, social media, to blame him for it. Referees should protect him," Dutchman Ten Hag said.
"He's a very passionate football player. A very creative football player. He's created the most in the Premier League.
"Opponents are targeting him, especially after Saturday. I feel referees should protect him. They had a chance from the start of the game, it was so obvious."

- Our coverage of Manchester United is bigger and better than ever before - here's everything you need to know to make sure you never miss a moment
- Everything United - go straight to all the best content
- Listen to the latest The Devils' Advocate podcast from BBC Radio Manchester


2 years ago
100








English (US) ·