ARTICLE AD BOX
Garry is 10th in the UFC welterweight rankings| Venue: T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas Date: Saturday 16 December |
| Coverage: Follow live text coverage of on BBC Sport website & app from 04:00 GMT on Sunday 17 December |
Ireland's Ian Garry has been ruled out of his welterweight bout with Vicente Luque at UFC 296 in Las Vegas on Saturday after contracting pneumonia, says UFC president Dana White.
Garry, 26, did not show up for his pre-fight media obligations on Wednesday.
Garry was hoping to continue the 13-fight unbeaten start to his career against American Luque, 32.
"Ian Garry started with the flu that turned into pneumonia, so that fight is off," said White.
Garry told TNT Sports last week he was a "little bit cautious" about going to the US for the "safety of his family" after middleweight champion Sean Strickland verbally attacked his wife online.
Garry last fought in August, defeating Neil Magny by unanimous decision.
The card at the T-Mobile Arena is headlined by a welterweight title fight between British champion Leon Edwards and American Colby Covington.
Briton Paddy Pimblett is on the undercard, taking on fellow lightweight Tony Ferguson.

2 years ago
90








English (US) ·