Lille say fans banned from travelling to Marseille

2 years ago 53
ARTICLE AD BOX
A close-up of the Lyon team coach shows damage to some of the windowsA close-up of the Lyon team coach shows damage to some of the windows

Lille say their fans have been banned from travelling to Marseille because of safety fears after Lyon's team bus was attacked on Sunday.

Marseille are due to host Lille in Ligue 1 on Saturday.

It comes after Marseille's home game against Lyon was postponed on Sunday following an attack on Lyon's bus as it made its way to Stade Velodrome.

Lyon said manager Fabio Grosso was "seriously injured" in the attack after he was struck by a projectile.

In a statement on Friday, Lille said: "If the authorities finally decided this morning that they would not be able to guarantee the safety of the 250 Lille supporters who had planned to travel to Marseille, Lille must take note of the decision to protect its supporters from any potential trouble."

French sports minister Amelie Oudea-Castera said on Sunday that seven arrests had been madeexternal-link after six coaches with Lyon fans were also targeted before the game between 10th-placed Marseille and bottom-of-the table Lyon.

Marseille said it "deplores the unacceptable incidents", while Lyon said an "even more serious tragedy" could occur if action is not taken.

The French League (LFP) confirmed on Thursday that the Ligue 1 game between Marseille and Lyon has been rescheduled for 6 December, but did not specify the venue for the match.

Read Entire Article