Struggling Huddersfield sack boss Moore

2 years ago 47
ARTICLE AD BOX

Breaking news

Huddersfield Town have sacked boss Darren Moore after just three wins in 23 matches in all competitions.

However, they struggled for form throughout his short tenure and he leaves Town with the club winless in their past six in all competitions.

They are 21st in the second tier and three points above the relegation zone.

Owner Kevin Nagle told BBC Radio Leeds earlier this month that Moore was "not going anywhere" despite their lack of wins.

Sunday's draw with fellow strugglers QPR, in which they conceded a 95th-minute equaliser, was a third successive 1-1 draw and left them without a win since 26 December.

"We appointed Darren on the strength of his credentials as a manager, but it is now clear that this has not worked as we envisaged and hoped," he told the club website.

"I believe that our current squad is capable of more, particularly on the back of the work we have carried out in this transfer window, and we're quickly moving to identify the right person to lead them through a crucial period of the season. We hope to make that managerial appointment soon."

More to follow.

Read Entire Article